Self-managing your Phoenix, AZ rental property can be stressful.
You’ll quickly find yourself fielding questions, handling repair requests, and hunting down rent from tenants. Plus, don’t forget all the paperwork that comes with owning a rental property.
But owning an investment property doesn’t have to wreak havoc on your sanity. In fact, if you hire the right property management company, you might like being a property owner.
That said, if you’re new to real estate investing, you might be asking yourself: Where can I find property management companies near me?
Well, don’t worry. We’re here today to show you how to find property management companies near you so that you can live a more stress-free life.
Finding Property Management Companies Near Me
Finding a property management company in Phoenix, AZ can be challenging. After all, there are so many to pick from.
And if you’re new to owning rental property, you might not know what to look for when choosing a property management company.
Luckily, we have some helpful tips for finding a reliable property manager nearby that will help you manage your rental for you.
1. Look Online
A great place to start when you’re wondering “Where can I find property management companies near me?” is the internet.
Start with a simple Google search to narrow down property management companies nearby.
From there, focus on the following:
- Look into reputable review sites like Yelp, Angie’s List, and Zillow. Read reviews about property management companies from past landlords and tenants. These reviews will range from negative to raving, so take care to note the specifics.
- Employee Testimonials. Websites like Glassdoor.com provide testimonials from employees for many companies. See if the property management company you’re interested in is listed there. Reading what people that actually work for the company are saying can help you decide whether the company is worth looking into or not.
Also, be sure to look at company websites too. After all, any property management company worth working with will have a website.
Here are some of the important things to look for:
- Contact information including an email, contact form, or phone number
- A list of services they provide and management fees (bonus: we offer [cta]3 months of property management free[/cta])
- Any guarantees they provide property owners
- A tenant portal and property owner portal
- Locations they serve
- An introduction to the company and property managers
- A FAQ section to make things easier on you before you meet in-person and talk to them
- Testimonials from satisfied property owners (with specifics about why they’re happy)
You can tell a lot about how a company conducts business by their website. And it’s important you know as much information as possible before you consider hiring them.
Don’t make an uniformed decision and entrust your investment property to a company that doesn’t have what you need.
2. Get Referrals
The best recommendations come from people you know and trust. And companies know this.
Word of mouth is everything for a business, even a property management company near you.
That’s why asking people where to find property management companies nearby is so helpful. People you know and trust will tell you whether to use a company or not. They’ll tell you everything that’s good and bad about a business and won’t sugarcoat anything.
You can get referrals from many places. Look to others besides just your friends and family that have had experience with a certain Phoenix, AZ property manager.
For example, try asking these people for recommendations:
- Your real estate agent or investment partner
- Other landlords in the area that you’ve networked with at Meetup Groups or conferences
- Real estate professionals you work with such as your attorney or tax preparer
Referrals are a great way to get real opinions about a property management company.
But remember, people have their own perspectives and sometimes they can be wrong. Unless something seems wrong about a company, do you own research to make sure they really aren’t a fit for you before you rule them out.
3. Check Nearby Rentals
When all else fails, you can always check other rental properties that are being managed by a property management company near you.
For example, find local ads in the newspaper or online to see which properties are being advertised as vacant by a property manager. This gives you the opportunity to see how vacancies are marketed.
Are they using high-quality images and lots of description? Do they include contact information so prospective tenants can get in touch? Better yet, do they highlight what makes a property stand out?
Answering questions like these will help you decide whether to look into a nearby property management company.
After all, vacancies are one of the worst things that can happen to a property owner. How your property manager advertises your vacant property can make or break your rental property business.
In addition, try to get in touch with some local tenants to see how they feel about their property manager.
Ask questions such as:
- Was the property in top condition upon move-in?
- Is getting in touch with the property manager easy?
- How are maintenance and repair requests handled?
- Is the property management company’s office staff knowledgeable and friendly?
- How does the property manager communicate with you?
- How often does the property manager come by the property?
- Has there ever been an instance where you spoke with the property owner?
- Will you consider renewing your lease if asked to at the end of your tenancy, why or why not?
Nothing beats someone sharing firsthand experiences about a property management company with you. Of course, just like written reviews, everyone has their own perspective (and some people are never satisfied).
But learning about the basics such as rent collection and communication can help you make a more informed decision.
If you’ve found yourself wondering: How do I find property management companies near me since investing in your first rental property, contact us today.
Here at Stratton Vantage Property Management, we know how many options there are when it comes to hiring a nearby property manager. But what sets us apart from the rest is the fact we follow the “Golden Rule.”
Our goal is to reduce the number of vacancies you have, lower maintenance costs, and place high-quality tenants for your rental. But most of all, we strive to treat all people, including our property owners and their tenants, with respect so that at the end of the day, everyone is happy.